Porcelain Veneers in Costa Mesa
Veneers are ultra-thin shells of porcelain that cover the imperfections of your existing teeth. If you’re interested in restoring your smile with cosmetic dentistry from Costa Mesa dentist Dr. Girgis at Brite Clean Smiles, porcelain veneers may be the right treatment for you.
How Are Veneers Placed?
Veneers are placed with a non-invasive procedure, usually consisting of two appointments. At your first appointment, Dr. Mina Girgis will examine your mouth, and determine if veneers are right for you.
If veneers are the right option, he will then begin the veneer application process. Under local anesthetic, a small amount of enamel will be removed from each tooth that will undergo treatment. This enamel is equal to the thickness of the veneer which will be placed on the tooth, ensuring a totally seamless fit.
Molds and images of your teeth will then be taken, and sent to a lab where your veneers will be manufactured. This process takes 2-3 weeks in most cases. You’ll be sent home with a set of temporary veneers, until your permanent veneers arrive at Brite Clean Smiles.
At your next appointment, the veneers are permanently applied to your teeth. Dr. Girgis will check them for fit, color and comfort. If they are perfect, he will then apply them with a permanent dental adhesive, completing the procedure.
With just two appointments over a few weeks, you can completely transform your smile.
What Do Veneers Treat?
Veneers are used mainly to treat cosmetic issues. They are not the proper treatment for seriously crooked teeth, or damaged/cracked teeth. They are used to treat conditions such as:
- Slightly crooked and misshapen teeth
- Discolored or severely stained teeth
- Small or unattractive teeth
- Uneven spaces and gaps
- Worn and slightly chipped teeth
What Are The Benefits Of Veneers?
Veneers have a number of benefits, compared to other cosmetic dentistry options. Here are just a few of them.
- Non-invasive application – The entire process requires nothing more than a local anesthetic, and there is no painful or invasive surgery.
- Fast results – You can get a fully-restored smile in as little as two appointments at Brite Clean Smiles.
- Completely natural look and feel – Veneers are impossible to distinguish from natural teeth. Your new smile will look and feel completely natural when smiling, speaking, chewing, and more.
- Stain-resistant – Porcelain is nonporous and resists staining, making it easier to take care of your teeth and keep them bright, white, and shining!
- Easy to maintain – As long as you avoid biting or chewing non-food objects, the only thing you’ll have to do to keep your smile bright is brush and floss normally, and come to Brite Clean Smiles for regular 6-month teeth cleanings.
Brite Clean Smiles – Offering Veneers In Orange County, Costa Mesa, And Newport Beach!
If you’re interested in getting veneers, Dr. Mina Girgis of Brite Clean Smiles is a wonderful choice. A graduate of the prestigious Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Dr. Girgis has years of experience with restorative and aesthetic dentistry.
Come in for a consultation to see if veneers are right for you. You can call us today at 949-777-1005 or book an appointment online. And patients are always welcome to visit us in-person at 488 East 17th Street, Suite A-101, Costa Mesa, CA 92627. We look forward to seeing you soon, and helping you get the smile of your dreams.